7 nm 100GbE PAM-4 PHY (4:1) or (2:1)
The Broadcom® BCM8710x series of devices are the industry’s first and highest performance and lowest power single-chip 100GbE PAM-4 PHY transceiver platform capable of driving 112-Gb/s PAM-4 at 56 Gbaud, while supporting DR/FR/LR optical links. In 100GbE mode, the BCM87106 converts either four lanes of 25.7815 Gb/s NRZ or two lanes of 53.125 Gb/s (at 26.5625-Gbaud PAM-4) from the client/system side into one lane of 106.25 Gb/s (at 53.125-Gbaud PAM-4) on the line/optics side. Leveraging Broadcom's market-leading PAM-4 PHY technology platform, the BCM87106 represents the industry's first 100G PAM-4 PHY transceiver available in 7-nm CMOS and includes the required FEC generation and termination capability for DR4 to DR1 break-out mode and longer distance optical links. The BCM87106 also enables re-use of BCM8740x series advanced API based firmware for significant module development and deployment time improvements.
- Industry leasing DSP performance and power efficiency enabling DR/FR/LR optical modules including QSFP28 to meet IEEE and MSA specifications
- 802.3bs standard-compliant KP4, KR4, and end-to-end FEC bypass operation to support DR4-DR1 break-out and longer distance links.
- Client-side interface compliance to CEI-28G/56G LR supporting long reach (LR) channels
- Proven PAM-4 architecture supporting multiple optical front-ends including EML, DML, and Silicon Photonics
- Client-side flexibility to support 100GbE with either 4x25G NRZ or 2x50G PAM-4 physical lanes
- Advanced API based PHY firmware with direct compatibility to BCM87400 (400G 8:4 7nm CMOS PAM-4 PHY) to leverage DR4 designs and optimize time to market.
- Optimized design with proven interoperability with Broadcom switch ASICs and ASSPs using 28Gbuad PAM-4 and NRZ SerDes architecture
- Hyperscale cloud data center networks
- Wired infrastructure
- 100G optical modules
|Ordering Part #|
|SerDes / GPHY|
|I/O Bandwidth (Gbps)|
|Front Panel I/O|
|External Memory Interfaces|
|Smart Congestion Control|