The PCIe Switches and Bridges Technology Software Development Kit, or PCI/PCIe SDK, is a highly customized software package containing powerful tools to help customers get to market faster when designing with PCI Express and PCI devices. The PCI/PCIe SDK application offers an easy to use enhanced user interface that includes a variety of new and useful tools that can help in the following ways:
- Used in conjunction with the RDK board, it helps users get familiar with PCIe Switches and Bridges devices
- Allows users to configure the devices to their specific needs
- Demonstrates all major features with the help of sample command line and GUI applications
- Helps in de-bugging & performance analysis on a live system
- Provides a framework for users to develop their own software tools and applications
This PCI/PCIe SDK is an integral part of the Rapid Development Kit (RDK) which includes both hardware and software. These are some of its main features:
- Support for all PCI & PCIe (PEX) products
- All Windows flavors XP and later, and Linux Kernel 2.6 / 3.x
- 64-bit OS environments are supported
- Kernel level Service & End-point drivers with source code
- User level API Library with source code
- Important command line applications with source code
- Separate GUI Applications for PCI & PCIe
- PCI/PCIe SDK User's Manual & Release Notes
- Support for Non-PEX devices
Download PCI/PCIe SDK
Note: PCI/PCIe SDK 7.25 is recommended for all users. If you are upgrading from 6.50 or older versions, a new CDA license file will be required for v7.25. Please talk to an Broadcom representative to get the new license file.
CDA requirement for using the PEX Device Editor (PDE) GUI application with PCIe switch devices
When the PEX Device Editor (PDE) GUI application is first launched in Windows or Linux, it will ask for a license file. This license file can be obtained from your local Broadcom sales representative. Based on the level of your company CDA access, a license will be provided to unlock additional features for the appropriate switch devices. Only customers using PEX switch devices will benefit from using the CDA version of the PDE, and will be able to use all the high-end features of the PDE GUI mentioned above.
Note: Installing this PCI/PCIe SDK along with older PCI/PCIe SDK versions is not supported. The original installation must be fully removed via Add/Remove Programs (or vice versa). Not fully removing before installing may cause the new install to malfunction.