USB 和 PCI I/O 加速器
PCI I/O 加速器
Broadcom 的 PCI 9000 系列具有最先进、范围最广的通用 PCI 对本地总线桥接器。我们的产品包括两种 I/O 加速器，即目标加速器和主加速器。
PCI 总线主 I/O 加速器
- 可以使得处理器/本地总线主要设备访问存储器和 PCI 总线上的其他设备
- 支持 DMA，使得任何一个总线上的主要设备均能指导芯片运行数据传输
PCI 目标 I/O 加速器
- 可以使得 PCI 总线主要设备访问存储器和本地总线上的其他从属设备
Broadcom USB 控制器具有优异的性能，严格符合行业标准，显着降低功耗。NetChip USB 控制器广泛用于：打印机、便携式媒体播放器、GPS 系统、电视调谐器、个人电脑、笔记本电脑、手提电脑、WLAN 设备、手机、数码相机和摄录像机。
- PCI 设计向 USB 转移
USB 二重组合通过 USB 线向个人上网本电脑同另一台个人电脑相连。使得用户可以：
PLX Technology's PCI 9000 Series provide the most advanced, broadest range of general-purpose, PCI-to-local bus bridges available. Our product offering includes two types of I/O Accelerators: Targets and Masters.
What is USB Duet?
USB Duet connects a netbook PC to another PC with a USB cable
This allows users to
- Share another PC's optical disc drive (ODD) to install software, burn or rip CD/DVDs, perform HDD recovery, and upgrade OS
- Connect to another PC for file sharing and sync
- Connect to iPad, HDTVs, printers, gaming consoles, DVD players, and more!
Key Features & Applications
- 480Mb/s up to 5Gb/s performance!
- Secure connection
- Simple to use, "It just works!"
- Optical Disc Drive (ODD) Sharing
- File Sharing
- System Setup & Recovery
Optical Disc Drive (ODD) Sharing
Share another PC's optical disc drive (ODD) with the netbook PC to allow users to
- Install new software from a CD-ROM disc (e.g. MS Office)
- Burn media and data files from the netbook PC directly to CD or DVD discs
- Recover the netbook PC's HDD using a recovery DVD
- Upgrade the netbook PC's OS with an install DVD-ROM disc
ODD Sharing provides end user cost savings because they will not need to buy an external ODD for their netbook PC
Share files using a virtual USB thumb drive that resides on the netbook PC
- User chooses what files to put in the virtual drive for sharing
- Connect the USB cable and virtual drive appears on the other PC
- Directly connect to HDTVs, DVD players, and Gaming Consoles, and to share media files (e.g. play slideshow)
Security prevents access to virtual drive when netbook PC is in these modes: Log Off, Locked, Sleep/Hibernate, Shutdown. File sharing is supported in Windows (XP, Vista, 7) as well as certain instant-ON OS (for quick sharing).
System Setup & Recovery
Enhances the "Out-of-the-Box Experience" (OOBE) for consumers setting up a new netbook
- Connect new netbook to existing PC to migrate settings, bookmarks, music, pictures, etc. to the new netbook PC
Backup/Restore netbook PC's entire HDD or partition(s) to/from another PC
- Connects like an external HDD to another PC
- User recovers HDD image using a recovery DVD-ROM disc
- Increased HDD Storage Space
- No need to store recovery HDD image on netbook PC HDD
Infinite possibilities for new apps in Intel Netbook App Store. Developers can develop new apps to work on USB Duet-enabled netbook PCs and post them on the Intel Netbook App Store for purchase.
New apps ideas include...
- Internet Connection Sharing
- KVM - Share primary PC's keyboard, mouse, and monitor for more comfortable use at home/office
- Outlook Sync - Sync Outlook and My Documents data to and from a user's primary PC